How to Apply for Ph.D. Program
Send the completed Graduate School Application and sixty dollars $60 to:
Office of Graduate and International Admission (OGIA),
201 Student Services Building,
The University of Tennessee,
Knoxville, TN 37996-0230
Please indicate on the application form that you are applying for admission into the Natural Resource Economics concentration of the Natural Resources PhD Program. This application can be completed on-line. The Natural Resource Economics concentration is listed on the application form under the Natural Resources major.
- Send official transcripts to the OGIA for all universities and colleges attended.
- Send the results of the general aptitude sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) to the OGIA. The school code is 1843 and the department code is 0101.
- If your native language is not English and you have not received a degree from an accredited U.S. institution within the past two years, send the results of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam to the OGIA. The score must be no more than two years old from the requested date of entry. Visit this website below for minimum requirements.
- International students must send a completed International Graduate Financial Statement to the OGIA. For those students offered an assistantship, this statement can include the assistantship stipend, health insurance, and tuition paid by the Department.
- Send to:
Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
2621 Morgan Circle
302 Morgan Hall
Knoxville, TN 37996-4518
» A cover letter expressing interest in the program.
» A current resume.
» Graduate School Rating Forms completed by three professors or employers who know your capabilities. Please make sure your references send the completed form. We need the specific information the rating form provides to conduct a comprehensive evaluation.
- Review of application will begin February 15.
Additional information can be found at:
- UT Admission Requirements and Procedures
- Admission Guide for Graduate International Students
- Contact Dr. Chris Clark
- MS Program
• Assistantships & Financial Aid
» Agricultural Economics
» Natural Resource
• Program Booklet and Forms
• Toolkit for MS Students
- Ph.D. Program
- Graduate Courses
- Graduate Students
- Job Resources
- Recent Alumni Record
- UT & Grad School Info
• The Graduate School
• Academic Calendar
• Grad Catalog
• UT Career Services