2017 Income Tax Seminars
Each year The University of Tennessee Extension, in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service and Tennessee Farm Bureau, sponsor tax seminars at various locations throughout Tennessee. The instruction is directed toward tax professionals who prepare and file tax returns for farm and non-farm businesses, and individuals.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
We are looking forward to the 57th year of this seminar. The program provides the following continuing professional education credit:
- 14 Hours Federal Taxation & 2 Hours Ethics for CPA’s. This seminar provides sixteen (16) hours of CPE credits from the Tennessee State Board of Accountancy. Instructors with the Tennessee State Board of Accountancy will teach 2 hours of State-Specific Ethics following our regular seminars. CPA’s completing both courses will earn 18 hours of CPE credits.
- Seminar is accepted by the Certified Financial Planners (CFP) Board of Standards for continuing education credit.
- 10 Hours Federal Tax, 4 Hours Federal Tax Update & 2 Hours Ethics for Enrolled Agents. The University of Tennessee Extension is approved as an IRS Continuing Education Provider. Our Provider Number is 9NHYF
- 10 Hours Federal Tax, 4 Hours Federal Tax Update & 2 Hours Ethics for Other Paid Tax Return Preparers (OTRPs). IRS has developed the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) for non-credentialed tax return preparers. This Federal Income Tax Seminar will not include the six (6) hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher course or the test. The course can be counted towards continuing education requirements for AFSP.
VALUABLE RESOURCE MATERIALS
You will receive:
- 2017 National Income Tax Workbook, a 600+ page production of the Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation, Inc.
- The searchable CD covers the 2017 (and previous years through 2008) National Income Tax Workbooks
- 2018 RIA Federal Tax Handbook
TENTATIVE TOPICS FOR 2017 NATIONAL WORKBOOK
|New and Expiring Legislation||IRS Issues|
|Agricultural & Natural Resources||Retirement|
|Business Entities||Rulings and Cases|
|Business Issues||Tax Rates and Useful Tables|
|Domestic Production Activities Deduction||Investments|
|Individual Taxpayer Issues|
|Estate and Trusts|
|Foreign Tax Issues|
SEMINAR DATES AND LOCATIONS
Check in for the regular seminar will begin at 7:45 a.m. on the morning of each seminar and the seminars will begin at 8:15 a.m. and end at 4:50 p.m. A State-Specific Ethics course for CPA’s will begin at 5:00 p.m. and end by 7:00 p.m. on the designated days.
|Wednesday & Thursday
November 1-2, 2017
State-Specific Ethics Course, Wednesday, November 1
|Hyder-Burks Ag Pavillion, TN Tech Univ.
From Knoxville take I‐40 get off at Exit 286, Hwy 135N/ Willow Avenue (3.3 miles) take left on 12th Street go 2.2 miles, take a left, Pavilion on left
2390 Gainsboro Grade
Cookeville, TN 38501
|Monday & Tuesday
November 6-7, 2017
State-Specific Ethics Course, Monday, November 6
|First Baptist Church
I‐75, Exit 49, go East on Hwy 30, stay on Hwy 30, the red lights are #’d, #8 Church on left, parking in rear.
305 Ingleside Avenue
Athens, TN 37303
|Wednesday & Thursday
November 8-9, 2017
Johnson City, TN
State-Specific Ethics Course, Wednesday, November 8
From the West: take I-40 East to 1-81 North. From I-81 North take exit 57A onto I-26 East to Johnson City. Take Exit 20 and turn right onto N. Roan St., go 8/10 mile and turn right onto Mockingbird Lane, hotel on left (Located next to the Johnson City Mall)
211 Mockingbird Lane
Johnson City, TN 37604
|Monday & Tuesday
November 13-14, 2017
State-Specific Ethics Course, Monday, November 13
|First United Methodist Church
I-40 to Exit 80A, merge south onto Hwy 45 Bypass, go about 5 miles where Hwy 45 Bypass becomes US-70 E/TN-1E Sycamore St., go .11 miles turn left on S Church St.
200 S. Church St.
Jackson, TN 38301
Parking at First United Methodist Church: there is a parking lot in the back of the church running parallel between E Baltimore and E Chester Street. There is also a large parking lot located in front of the church, across S Church Street and between S Liberty Street
Wednesday & Thursday
November 15-16, 2017
State-Specific Ethics Course, Wednesday, November 15
| Tuesday & Wednesday
November 28-29, 2017
State-Specific Ethics Course – Tuesday, November 28
|UT Extension Office
Exit I-24 in Murfreesboro at 78-A (Hwy 96), 1st intersection turn right on John R Rice Blvd., go ¾ mile Lane Agri-Park Office on left
315 John R Rice Blvd.
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Thursday & Friday
November 30 - December 1, 2017
State-Specific Ethics Course – Thursday, November 30
*The two-day seminar is repeated for 2 additional days in Jackson & Murfreesboro. The same topics will be covered, but they will not necessarily be covered in the same order. Each State-Specific Ethics course requires a minimum attendance of 20 participants.
Registration Fee Information:
The early registration fee is $341. After October 27, 2017, the regular registration fee will be $366.
If there are any questions, please contact Renee’ Sharp at (865) 974.7273 or Email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also reach us toll-free by calling 1.800.345.0561. We appreciate your support of the tax seminar.
Information contact Clark Garland