Income Tax Seminars
PLEASE NOTE: Due to construction at the West TN Research & Education Center, seminar locations for Jackson have changed to First United Methodist Church - Downtown (FUMC)
Each year The University of Tennessee Extension, in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service and Tennessee Farm Bureau, sponsor tax seminars at various locations throughout Tennessee. The instruction is directed toward tax professionals who prepare and file tax returns for farm and non-farm businesses, and individuals.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
We are looking forward to the 56th year of this seminar. The program provides the following continuing professional education credit:
- 14 Hours Federal Taxation & 2 Hours Ethics for CPA’s. This seminar provides sixteen (16) hours of CPE credits from the Tennessee State Board of Accountancy. At the request of many CPA’s for 2 Hours of State-Specific Ethics, instructors with the Tennessee State Board of Accountancy will teach the course following our regular seminars on the designated dates (See Seminar Dates and Locations section below). Course requires a minimum attendance of 20 participants. CPA’s completing both courses will earn 18 hours of CPE credits.
- Seminar is accepted by the Certified Financial Planners (CFP) Board of Standards for continuing education credit. Our sponsor name for CFP credit is Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation, Inc.
- 10 Hours Federal Tax, 4 Hours Federal Tax Update & 2 Hours Ethics for Enrolled Agents. The University of Tennessee Extension is approved as an IRS Continuing Education Provider. Our Provider Number is 9NHYF
- 10 Hours Federal Tax, 4 Hours Federal Tax Update & 2 Hours Ethics for Other Paid Tax Return Preparers (OTRPs). IRS Continuing Education (CE) is only mandatory for Enrolled Agents (EAs) and Enrolled Retirement Plan Agents. Participation in CE by all OTRPs is not an official designation, but these individuals may voluntarily take continuing education. IRS has developed the Annual Filing Season Program (AFSP) for non-credentialed tax return preparers. This Federal Income Tax Seminar will not include the six (6) hour Annual Federal Tax Refresher course or the test. The course can be counted towards continuing education requirements for AFSP.
VALUABLE RESOURCE MATERIALS
You will receive:
- 2016 National Income Tax Workbook, a 600+ page production of the Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation, Inc. (The Tax Workbook and CD will be hand delivered at the seminar)
- The searchable CD covers the 2016, 2015, and 2014 National Income Tax Workbooks
- 2017 RIA Federal Tax Handbook to be mailed following the seminars
TENTATIVE TOPICS FOR 2016 NATIONAL WORKBOOK
|Affordable Care Act||IRS Issues|
|Agricultural & Natural Resources||New and Expiring Legislation|
|Business Entities||Penalties and Defenses|
|Business Issues||Related Parties Issues|
|Death of a Taxpayer||Retirement|
|Domestic Production Activities Deduction||Rulings and Cases|
|Ethics||Taxation of Foreign Income|
|Financial Distress||Tax Rates and Useful Tables|
|Individual Taxpayer Issues|
To have participants fully aware and cognizant of the latest changes in tax legislation and case rulings for the Federal Tax Code. This year’s regular two-day seminar also includes 2 hours of Ethics.
SEMINAR DATES AND LOCATIONS
Check in for the regular seminar will begin at 7:45 a.m. on the morning of each seminar and the seminars will begin at 8:15 a.m. and end at 4:50 p.m. A State-Specific Ethics course for CPA’s will begin at 5:00 p.m. and end by 7:00 p.m. on the designated days.
|Wednesday & Thursday
November 2-3, 2016
State-Specific Ethics Course, Wednesday, November 2
|Hyder-Burks Ag Pavillion, TN Tech Univ.
From Knoxville take I‐40 get off at Exit 286, Hwy 135N/ Willow Avenue (3.3 miles) take left on 12th Street go 2.2 miles, take a left, Pavilion on left
2390 Gainsboro Grade
Cookeville, TN 38501
|Monday & Tuesday
November 7-8, 2016
State-Specific Ethics Course, Monday, November 7
|First Baptist Church
I‐75, Exit 49, go East on Hwy 30, stay on Hwy 30, the red lights are #’d, #8 Church on left, parking in rear.
305 Ingleside Avenue
Athens, TN 37303
|Wednesday & Thursday
November 9-10, 2016
Johnson City, TN
State-Specific Ethics Course, Wednesday, November 9
From the West: take I-40 East to 1-81 North. From I-81 North take exit 57A onto I-26 East to Johnson City. Take Exit 20 and turn right onto N. Roan St., go 8/10 mile and turn right onto Mockingbird Lane, hotel on left (Located next to the Johnson City Mall)
211 Mockingbird Lane
Johnson City, TN 37604
|Monday & Tuesday
November 14-15, 2016
State-Specific Ethics Course, Monday, November 14
|First United Methodist Church
I-40 to Exit 80A, merge south onto Hwy 45 Bypass, go about 5 miles where Hwy 45 Bypass becomes US-70 E/TN-1E Sycamore St., go .11 miles turn left on S Church St.
200 S. Church St.
Jackson, TN 38301
Parking at First United Methodist Church: there is a parking lot in the back of the church running parallel between E Baltimore and E Chester Street. There is also a large parking lot located in front of the church, across S Church Street and between S Liberty Street
Wednesday & Thursday
November 16-17, 2016
State-Specific Ethics Course, Wednesday, November 16
| Tuesday & Wednesday
November 29-30, 2016
State-Specific Ethics Course – Tuesday, November 29
|UT Extension Office
Exit I-24 in Murfreesboro at 78-A (Hwy 96), 1st intersection turn right on John R Rice Blvd., go ¾ mile Lane Agri-Park Office on left
315 John R Rice Blvd.
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Thursday & Friday
December 1-2, 2016
State-Specific Ethics Course – Thursday, December 1
*The two-day seminar is repeated for 2 additional days in Jackson & Murfreesboro. The same topics will be covered, but they will not necessarily be covered in the same order. Each State-Specific Ethics course requires a minimum attendance of 20 participants.
Registration Fee Information:
The early registration fee is $334. After October 28, 2016, the regular registration fee will be $359. Your registration includes: valuable resource materials, instructor fees, buffet lunch, refreshment breaks, other expenses and as an added bonus for CPA’s 2 Hours of State-Specific Ethics. To assure the availability of materials and space, we are requiring that registration forms be completed in advance with full payment of the registration fee. The regular registration fee for forms postmarked after Friday, October 28, 2016 is $359.
Registration will be taken on a first-come first-served basis.
We will only accept registrations equal to the seating capacity at each location.
Please turn in your registration form as soon as possible. Payment received after we reach capacity will be refunded in full. We will be unable to accept anyone on the day of the seminar who has not pre-registered. If after registration, you determine that you will be unable to attend, you may appoint a substitute. Please contact our office and provide the name of the substitute. Cancellations will be accepted up to one week prior to the start of the seminar for which you have registered and the registration fee will be refunded in full. All refunds will be processed together following the final tax seminar. An extra copy of the registration form is included for you to share with a co-worker or tax practitioner friend.
CONFIRMATION: It is our goal to send confirmation letters within five (5) business days of receiving the completed registration form. If you have questions regarding your registration and enrollment, please contact our office or see contact information below. Thank you for your prompt attention to this letter.
If there are any questions, please contact Renee’ Sharp at (865) 974.7273 or Email (email@example.com). You can also reach us toll-free by calling 1.800.345.0561. We appreciate your support of the tax seminar.
Information contact Clark Garland